1. The information we collect
We can collect your personal data if you use our websites or mobile applications (“online services”), or if you otherwise communicate with us. The information we collect can be divided into three categories: (a) information you provide directly to us; (b) information we automatically collect; and (c) information we collect from other sources.
We may directly link the information you provide to us with information we collect automatically and with information we collect from other sources.
We collect the information you give us.
You can provide us with the following personal information:
- personal information that we may collect when you register for online services, log in to Wi-Fi, participate in our contests or contact us by phone or through an online service, such as name, postal and email address, phone number, date of birth, and other contact information;
- transaction and usage information, such as information about the products you purchased, prices, payment methods and payment information;
- account information, such as a username or password (or other identifying information) for accessing our online services or purchasing our products and services;
- profile information, such as your interests or when you prefer to visit us; mixed
- other personal information you choose to provide to us.
We collect data automatically,
We may use automated technology to collect information from your computer or mobile device when you use our online services. Automated technology may include cookies, locally shared objects and web beacons.
We may collect the following information about you:
- IP address;
- the operating system and browser of your computer or mobile device;
- the type and settings of your mobile device;
- device identifier (UDID) or your mobile device identifier (MEID);
- device and component serial number;
- an advertising identifier (for example, IDFA and IFA) or a similar identifier;
- the website or application from which you transferred;
- activity on other websites, applications or social media;
- activity related to us on social media;
- activities related to the use of our online services, such as the pages you visit on our website;
- mixed information collected from the use of the electronic customer feedback system, such as your complaints and feedback.
The technology in our online service can collect information about the exact location of your mobile device or computer using positioning and technology, such as GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or proximity to a radio mast. On most mobile devices and operating systems, you can withdraw your consent to the processing of this data from the device or browser settings. If you have questions about how to prevent us from collecting accurate information about your location, we recommend that you contact the service provider or manufacturer of your mobile device or browser. If you want us to delete the location data we collect about you, please contact us at the address, phone number or email address below. We may be required by law to retain certain information.
We collect information from other sources.
We may collect your information from other companies and organizations, including the data controller and other registers of companies belonging to the same group and the same economic association with it at any given time. We may also collect publicly available information. For example, we can collect information about you when you connect with us via social media.
2. How we use the information we collect
We may use the information:
- to respond to your requests and orders and to process payments for our products and services;
- to tell you about our products and services, competitions, offers, promotions or special events that may be of interest to you (if you give us permission to do so);
- to tell you about the products and services of our partners (if you give us permission to do so);
- communicating about orders, purchases, accounts, requests, questions and comments;
- to personalize your experience on our online services;
- to run our business, including developing new products and services, conducting customer surveys, and sales, marketing and advertising and evaluating their effectiveness;
- to maintain, manage and develop our products, offers, online services and other technology;
- to protect against and identify and prevent fraud and other crimes, claims and liabilities;
- mixed to comply with applicable law.
We may use your personal data in other ways, which we inform you about when collecting the data or when we ask for your consent to process the data.
The basis for processing personal data is our legitimate interest, which is based on a factual connection between the parties. Data can also be processed based on your consent.
3. How we share the information we collect
We do not sell your personal information and only disclose your information as described in this privacy statement.
We may transfer your personal data to suppliers who provide us with services such as order fulfillment, data processing and other information technology services, campaign, contest and raffle services, opinion and market research services, and services related to the personalization of Hypement’s customer experience. We do not allow such service providers to use or disclose information for any purpose other than to provide services on our behalf.
For strategic or other business reasons, we may decide to sell or transfer all or part of our business. As part of such sale or transfer, we may transfer the information we collect and maintain, including customer information, to anyone involved in the sale or transfer of the business.
From time to time, we may release information from which you cannot be directly identified. For example, we can provide anonymized, aggregated statistical information about the use of our online services. We can also combine information about you with the information of our other customers in such a way that the individual customer is not identifiable.
We have the right to use or disclose information if it is necessary due to a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the technology in our online services; to defend against legal claims or to present them; to protect the rights, interests or safety of our organization, our employees or the public; or in connection with the investigation of fraud, other crime or violation of our rules.
4. Your rights
You have the right to check what information about you is stored in the register. The inspection request must be sent to the address, phone number or email address found below, and must be in writing and signed. The inspection request can also be made in person at the registrar’s office.
If you have given us permission to send you marketing communications, you can later opt out of the communications by following the instructions we include in the messages. You can also generally check the communication settings and instructions for changing the settings in the profile section of the online service you are using. You may also have the option to change the communication settings from the settings of the device you are using. You can also opt out of communications by contacting us at the address, phone number or email address below. If you prohibit us from sending you marketing communications, we may still send you information regarding your transactions with us, your accounts with us, or contests or sweepstakes in which you have participated. Opting out of one form of communication does not mean that you have refused all forms of communication. For example, if you have opted out of marketing emails, you can still receive marketing text messages if you have given us permission to send them.
We do not pass on personal data to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you give your consent to this. When we inform you of this and you give your consent, we will hand over your personal data in accordance with how you instruct us.
You control all the personal data you give us through our online services. If at any point you want to correct your personal data, contact us at the address, phone number or email address below. In addition, in certain situations you have the right to request the deletion of your personal data from the register and to request their transfer to another company.
However, please note that providing information may in certain situations be a prerequisite for commissioning or using the service. Hypement reserves the right to suspend the provision of services or prevent access to services if the data subject does not provide information relevant to the service or requires their deletion.
We always try to resolve disagreements regarding the processing of personal data directly with the data subject. However, if you are dissatisfied with the processing of your personal data, you have the right to refer the matter to the data protection authority for investigation.
5. Information security
We are committed to taking appropriate measures to keep your personal information safe. Our technical, administrative and physical processes are designed to protect personal information from accidental, unlawful or unauthorized loss, access, disclosure, use, alteration or destruction. Although we take care to protect our systems, we cannot guarantee that the website, mobile application, computer system or data transfer via the internet or other public network is completely secure.
6. Retention of personal data
We retain personal data only as long as the data can be considered necessary for the purposes described in this privacy statement and in accordance with Hypement’s data retention guidelines, unless data retention longer than this is required by law or permitted under the law.
7. Changes to the privacy statement
8. How to contact us
If you want to contact us regarding this privacy statement, you can contact us as follows:
Company: Hypement Oy
Address: Pursimiehenkatu 29-31 4. krs, 00150 Helsinki
Phone: +358 40 865 6972
Thank you for visiting Hypement.com. Hypement strives in every way to respect its customers’ trust in its brand and takes the same approach to taking care of its customers’ data protection. We are committed to protecting and safeguarding the privacy of customers and especially children on the internet.
According to the register statement personal data act (523/1999) 10 §:
Company: Hypement Oy (y-tunnus: 2786267-1)
Address: Pursimiehenkatu 29-31 4. krs, 00150 Helsinki
Phone: +358 40 865 6972
2. Person handling registry matters
Name: Jani Isaksson
Company: Hypement Oy
Phone: +358 40 865 6972
3. Registry name
Hypement Oy’s (thereinafter ”Hypement”) register based on customership and factual connection.
4. Purpose of use of personal data
Personal data is processed for managing the customer relationship and other relationship based on factual connection (e.g. electronic customer communication), development, administration and analysis. Personal data is also processed for marketing and distance sales, including direct marketing and electronic marketing. The benefits and offers or other marketing and communication offered to the registrant can be targeted as likely to be of interest to him based on various information contents (e.g. information on the use of services and declared interests) and on the basis of profiles created by analyzing them.
5. Data content of the register
Customership or other factual connection comparable to customership to the operations of the data controller arises, for example, when the data subject uses the electronic services of the data controller. Hypement processes personal data in this register on the basis of customership or other material connection or the consent of the registered person.
The following data types can be processed in the register:
Basic information such as
- first and lastnames
- contact information (postal addresses, phone numbers, email addresses)
- date of birth
Information provided by the data subject related to the customer and other factual connection, such as
- information on the beginning and end of a relationship based on customership or other factual connection
- Registration information regarding Hypement’s electronic services, such as password or other identification information and information provided via social media service credentials, as well as transaction and usage information, including location information
- the data subject’s purchase information
- interests, cravings and allergies reported by the data subject
- minor children of the registered person and their date of birth
- received and given in connection with marketing campaigns, such as information about participation and content produced in connection with a registered campaign
- cookies and related information sent to the browser of the data subject and
- technical data sent to the server by the controller of the registered browser (such as IP address, browser, browser version)
- complaints, feedback and other contact, communication and measures related to customer and factual connection, including the registered Hypement-related activity in social media services
- direct marketing permits and prohibitions.
In addition, the register processes information on changes to the information identified above.
6. Regular sources of information
Personal data is collected from the data subject himself, for example, when the data subject uses the services of the data controller or provides information about himself, e.g. via social media. Personal data (such as location data) can also be collected from the data subject’s terminals using cookies or other similar technologies. In addition, as permitted by law, personal data can also be collected from third parties, such as social media service providers.
Personal data can also be collected and updated from other registers of the controller and the companies belonging to the same group and the same financial association as well as from authorities and companies providing services regarding personal data.
7. Disclosure and transfer of information
Personal data can be disclosed within the limits permitted and required by the legislation in force at any given time, for example to companies belonging to the same group or the same economic association as the controller. Information is not regularly disclosed to other third parties.
As a general rule, data is not transferred outside the territory of the member states of the European Union or the European Economic Area, unless it is necessary in terms of the above purposes of processing personal data or in terms of the technical implementation of data processing, in which case data transfer complies with the requirements of personal data legislation.
The data can be transferred to the data controller’s direct marketing registers at the end of the factual connection, unless the data subject has forbidden the data transfer in question.
8. Registry protection
The databases related to the register are protected against external data breaches by firewalls, passwords and other technical means. The databases and their backups are located in locked rooms.
Only identified employees of Hypement and companies acting on its behalf and on its behalf have access to the information contained in the register with a personal access right granted by the controller.
9. Right of inspection, prohibition and correction
According to the Personal Data Act, the registered person has the right to check what information about him has been stored in the register. The inspection request must be sent to the person in charge of registry affairs and must be in writing and signed. The inspection request can also be made in person at the registrar’s office.
The registered person has the right to prohibit the processing and disclosure of information about her for direct advertising, distance sales and other direct marketing as well as market and opinion surveys by contacting the controller.
The registered person has the right to demand the correction of incorrect information by contacting the controller.